What I'm attempting to do is try to rule out air getting sucked into the system somewhere in the fuel delivery, something that might only be present when the pump is actually trying (not idling). I know you replaced the pump, and I'm going to assume that out of the two pumps you had, you have had to seat it at least correctly once, so I'm not sure what else could be a source of air into the system.

If you are in idle and increase the throttle directly on the throttle body, does the gauge stay steady motion, or does it flicker? Would you be able to make a correlation between your stumbles and the fuel pressure/delivery?

Best way to post logs on this forum is get a gmail account and upload your log as a google doc, then grab the link for that doc and post it up here.

It just seems like two things are going on here, something responsible for the brakes heat etc... and something else for the stumbling/hesitation. Especially considering you severed the only link between the two and both problems persisted.

What gets me the most is pressing on the brakes at idle essentially stalls your car. This would be a throwback at there might be something up in the brake booster that is only apparent while braking, but also isn't working correctly just by itself - hot brakes.

When I get the chance, I'll see what I can drudge up for the braking system and see if anything in the system could explain the diagonal pairing of symptoms.