I have heard of these issues with the southbend discs with the act pp and I looked into(reading other threads and such), its seemed like people were saying that act made some changes to the pp which resulted in issues with the pairing of the two. I wasn't to worried because my 2900pp was purchased back when they first became available. However since the machine shop recommended I purchase a new pressure plate - that's what I did(another act). Now my southbend disc was however purchased used but was described as approx. 10 or so 1/4mile passes and little to no street use.

I meant to measure this disk a long time ago(when talking with Reza in person about the subject - like early spring) but couldn't find any of my measuring tools for awhile - the following measurements were taken with a digital caliper - I took several measurements and all were with in 0.309" to 0.316" range. The disc imo looks to have lots of life left in it. The disc did have a 10sec. pass on it, but doesn't appear to have very much wear at all.

The measurements are below what a new act disc would have so I'm going to go ahead and use the southbend disc with new act pp.
Does anyone think that this disc worn that much with such little use? Should I find another means of measureing? I'm thinking that at some point maybe southbend started making them thicker. Any thoughts on any of this?