Glad you got it running well with an ACT disk now.

Charles, you should be fine with that thickness on the sb disk.
From my understanding SB did start making the disks thicker at some point.

Also, as far as I can remember ACT didn't "JUST" come out with a new design for their pressure plate recently. Their new design PP's have been out for many years now. I think a company like SBC should put a little more research & design into their clutch disks, then to say "the problem lies with ACT changing their pressure plate design".

From my own research it seems like SBC changed their disk thickness, because the thickness and engagement point of new ACT disks has always been the same for me for the past 10 years.

I have never noticed an engagement point difference or disk thickness in the previous and newer ACT clutch's. I have ran both and have easily been through six to eight ACT street and 6 puck sprung disks over 10 years.

If I was designing clutch disks for DSM's I would have known that 0.34" thick 2g oem clutch disks never worked with even the "older" design ACT pressure plates. This has been common knowledge in DSMs for that last decade. Making a disc that is 0.34" thick then saying that ACT changed their design, is plain BS lol

I hate misinformation on the internet.

1G DSM: 1000+ AWHP, 9.2@162.83 MPH
Evo X: 746 AWHP, XR9569S pump gas
www.dynotuneracing.com