Originally Posted by ruben silva
What i am going for is ontario hunter education course and canadian fire arms safety course exam. How hard are these exams for someone that has little to no knowledge?

If I understand you right, you are challenging the tests without the courses? If yes, read on. If you're taking the courses, you'll do fine.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you will likely fail the first round of tests. There is a ton of information in the courses that they expect you to repeat verbatim in the exam. Not only that, but you're expected to know how to handle a firearm safely, know how to work the various actions, safeties, choose the right ammo for your firearm, how to conduct yourself at a firing range, etc. I would highly recommend you transfer the money you have invested in the tests to the courses. Don't waste your time or money, and invest in a little knowledge that might save yours or someone elses life (or at least keep you out of danger). Also, the courses will allow you to ask the same questions you're asking here to people who leave and breathe this stuff everyday. They can tell you where to hunt, what firearms to buy, what to wear, and maybe recommend camps that are happy to take new hunters.

To answer your question, I hunted in Haliburton for deer. The owner of the camp is not taking new hunters, as the spots are all booked up (lodging). Being honest, you will not being hunting this year. By the time you get the paperwork done (the shuffle between the OFA and the RCMP), you will not see your PAL/POL until May/June of next year.

Last edited by Michael Zeppieri; October 19, 2011 01:52 pm UTC.

2004 BMW M3 SMG Convertible