This write up will cover many of the different aspects of how to rewire/tuck your engine/chassis harness and relocate your fuse box. I'm in the middle of mine so this won't be complete till mine is done but I will share what I've got up till now.
I plan to show the tools I'm using, how to depin the various connectors, etc etc.

This post will focus on the tools and materials you will need.

First and foremost, DO NOT start this job without having Factory Service Manuals for your model year. The Electrical FSM covers so much information and is the most valuable thing to have when rewiring your car.
If you need one, check out eBay. I bought mine from their for super cheap, used but in great condition.

The second thing I HIGHLY recommend is a note book. For the dollar or less it will cost you it is more then worth it. Keep track of whatever you delete, add, where plugs are being moved to, etc etc.
[Linked Image]

Last thing I will talk about in this first post is tools.
You will need several different ones and more depending on what you want to do. I'll add notes beside certain tools.

[Linked Image]

Nirtile gloves - removing the old loom and tape is messy and sticky, cover your hands.
10mm Socket - Needed to remove some of the OEM cables from the fuse box.
Precision Screwdrivers (flat head) - You will need small ones for removing connector pin locks and depinning if you have one that will fit.
8mm Socket - Needed to remove some of the OEM cables from the fuse box.
Wire Cutter of some sort - Either for cutting joins or cutting loom/electrical tape (I used scissors for this but forgot them in the picture).
Sharpie - For Labeling plugs/connectors.
Dental Picks - Great for depinning connectors.
Masking Tape - For labeling connectors and holding the harness in shape.

In the following picture, the items listed in red are only needed if you are adding Deutsch connectors and/or wrapping the harness with Braided Sleeving.
[Linked Image]

Braided Sleeve - various sizes, 1/8" to 1.5". Once I'm done I'll be able to comment on how much I used in my application.
Hot Knife - To cut the braided sleeving.
Masking Tape - to hold the harness shape while you route things.
Deutsch HDT-48-00 Crimper - needed if you are using Deutsch connectors.
Heat Shrink - To hold the braided sleeving in place.[/COLOR]
Automatic Wire Strippers - perfect amount of wire stripped each and every time with no wire strands broken/nicked.
Electrical Tape - I recommend good tape; Scotch/3M Supper 33+.

[Linked Image]

Soldering Iron - A good quality one is what I recommend. This is some cheapie no name and will be replaced by a Weller or Hakko.
Heat Gun - To shrink heat shrink.
Adhesive Walled Heat Shrink - Not pictured. This is like regular heat shrink but has an adhesive inside. When heated it melts and makes a water/weather tight seal.

That's it for this post. Stay tuned for the next one which will cover removing the harnesses from the car.

96 Talon TSI AWD - The Gold Digger/Never Ending Build