So I will give you some background as to why I bought the car, some issues I had, and what I will be doing in the next little while.

So just to start you guys off I knew very little, compared to what I know now, about cars when I bought this. I knew turbos made cars go fast and that bigger horse power meant faster car.

How she started:
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

The plan when I bought the car was not to spend too much money, that didn't happen, and to learn a lot about cars by doing the work on my own, wasn't happening at the beginning but is happening now. Even though mechanics were doing the work I was following along and asking question so that I could understand what they were doing, but I never truly learn until I do things. I went to mitsubishi in orangeville to get the car safetied, I didn't know much about AWD back then and neither did they, they replaced one of my tires so I spent a good amount of time with alignment issues. The car idled like sh!t, at first I had no idea what was up, the guys at mitsubishi just loosened the idle screw to "fix" it. I had spoken with them and they said it was the TPS being bad, except I know the TPS was relatively new. After doing some research on tuners, and finally listening to a buddy of mine I checked the cam marks to see how they lined up. Turns out my marks were off, and they were off by two teeth. Knowing nothing about interference engines and dual cams and such I decided to take it to Chrysler (Mitsubishi in Orangeville and Brampton were useless) in Brampton and get them to fix the timing. They fixed the timing and the car still ran a bit funny but was running better than before. A few weeks later I was on my way to the physio and I tried to get into first gear and I couldn’t get the clutch to engage, eventually I got it into first and got myself into first and got myself there. I had passed another mechanic on the way home and decided to drop in, as I would rather use the clutch instead of rev matching so I didn’t have to. Turns out the guy had worked on the lines when the car was being built and knew a lot, one of the springs in the clutch had come loose so they had to replace that, and restep the flywheel, which they facked up on. So we scrambled to find a solution and were able to locate a fidanza flywheel and put that in. After that I was an idiot and didn’t keep an eye on the oil level and overheated the car a few times, the first time I did it the car overheated and I stopped the car and let it cool off. The second and third time it happened (I know I should have figured it out) the coolant lines blew before the car could over heat. By this time I was looking for another car, and was on the edge of just getting rid of this thing. I also had my parents in my ear telling me I needed to get something reliable and stop spending money on this lemon. The second time I was on my way to get a banner on my car, one of the car sports I loved the most is WRC, so anything cosmetic to the exterior of my car has been inspired by that. I had been at the AutoShow and saw a company called ShizoWerks do a big vinyl on a car and decided to go with them.

[Linked Image]

So the third time it happened the mechanic told me the Oring on the CAS was leaking oil onto the coolant lines and eating them away, so got that fixed and kept an eye on oil from then on and the car has never over heated since then. The last time that happened was the beginning of last summer.
In April I moved into my brand new house and now had a garage that I could work on the car and not have to rush to have it done that day because my mom “needed” to park on the garage. Since the house I have only had one issue with something failing on the car and that was the brakes, and the lines were replaced an all is good.

Before I continue I would like to let this board know that since I have moved into my new place I have counted on this board for knowledge in assistance for fixing and now upgrading my car. The community has been there when I have needed knowledge and I have also had the pleasure of meeting a good amount of you and the greatest pleasure of working with some of you! So enough with the lovey dovey and on with the upgrades!

On Tuesday I will be having Chris and Jeremy helping me with doing a head swap and getting the timing done. I have done the compression on my engine and one of the cylinders is much lower than the rest. Jeremy believes that the valves in that cylinder are bent so I picked up a new head a good time back and am putting that on. I have been doing some reading and have decided to do the Oil port mod before I put it on. My goal has always been to get the car running correctly before doing any big work and this I am hoping will get me there.

So for big upgrades I will wait until I do them and will give some pictures and a summary of how it went, but for now it will be a secret. The one thing I will tell all of you is that my goal for the end of the summer is to have 300hp, at this pace it may happen earlier.

Last edited by Bryan Lawrence; March 22, 2012 03:02 pm UTC. Reason: fixing formatting

"Old Blue" 91 Talon TSi AWD
"Super Enthusiast" 91 Talon TSi AWD
Checkout DSMFAQ.com!