Being a mechanical engineer and not having much to do this winter I decided to design custom lower control arms for 2G's. I spent 3 months using suspension modelling software to analyze the 2g suspension and develop my revised version. Now I'm ready to start making them and wondered if anyone else was interested or had any comments.

Specs:
-All ball joint locations are now REPLACABLE rather than stock ones where the ball joint goes and you have to replace the arms.
-Front lower arm 7075 aluminum (pretty much the strongest aluminum alloy commercially available) with racing grade NMB ABWT spherical bearing replacing the ball joint
-Front pivot is 0.75" lower on the spindle to correct geometry for lowered vehicles (brings roll centre back up)and improves the camber curve.
-Front pivot location is moved out a bit to give 2 degrees of static camber and slightly more track width.
-Rear arm is 6061 with spherical bearing replacing ball joint.
-rear arm pivot is moved out and down to correct the scrub radius for wider rims and tires. Also gives slightly more anti-dive geometry options.
-Anti-dive% is adjustable using revised frame side mounting of rear arm
-Rear lower arm is now adjustable in length (using shims) which allows you to fool around with caster and dive
-can be made with spherical bearings at any/all joints as desired.
-both arms design to standard 3-2-1 G loading with substantial safety factor for fatigue.
-drops quite a bit of unsprung weight
-both arms mount in a revised yoke mount system for more strength and rigidity at the spindle
-I'll also be making upper control arms in the near future that have proper shimmable camber adjustment, no BS adjustable ball joints or pivots, if anyone is interested in them. They won't be cheap since there is a lot a material in them.
-Will only clear 17" and larger rims (otherwise mitsubishi might have done this to start with)

Cost wise, basically for a set of one offs it will cost me around $900 for material and hardware for a complete set (front and rear lowers, both sides). That's with all new ball joints/bushings. If I have 1 or 2 more sets to build I can start to get the material and shipping costs down and save a bit. I'm not doing this to make money, just to reduce the material cost for my set smile. You're basically gettting the design and fabrication time for free. For reference a new set of OEM arms with non-replacable ball joints is over $500 with tax. The SPC upper arms were around $300 each and they had garbage ball joints on them.

It's a lot of coin so I'm not expecting anyone to bite but thought I would offer.

BOOST...Boo-Yah