I've been having some back pain issues for quite some time. It gets especially aggravated when I play soccer. Usually it subsides after a few days. I decided to see a chiro, but that made is even worse. Last year I had an incident where I was pretty much incapacitated for 3 weeks after a game of soccer. It took months to recover from that incident. I slowly started working out again and got to the point where I could dead lift and squad moderate weight without issues. What really helps is stretching.
Anyway, all was well until I went to play soccer two weeks ago. I have a sensation in the back, although it’s not painful. I had an MRI done four days after the game and I just got the results on the weekend.
I have a mildly herniated disk between L5 and S1, which is impeding the nerve. I also have a mild degenerative disease of the lower lumbar spine.
This is something that 60 year olds have to deal with, not a 36 year old.
This is basically confirming something that I suspected for a long time. I’ve had lower back issues for many years.
Now I have a dilemma, soccer is basically out of question, but what do I do about working out?
I love to lift heavy…now I don’t know if I should quit all together.
Does anyone have any experience with such condition?

GOT SURGE?