The cause of this?
I've had back issues on and off since I has a young teenager, after I jumped off a considerable height and landed on my heels. I remember not being able sit or stand for more than 5-10 minutes at a time. It did go away after a while. Once I started working out and playing soccer regularly it came back. It took a few years, but I would have onsets here and there. Usually the pain would go away 2-3 days after a soccer game. During that time I stopped doing deadlifts and squats all together. A few years ago, I've decided I would not play soccer over the summer, to let my body have time to recover. I was mostly symptoms free, unless I did very strenuous physical activity. I remember the symptoms came back when I was finishing my basement.
You need to keep in mind that I have been working out regularly for over 15 years and playing soccer for 10. It’s a habit that is very hard for me to stop. In addition, I am the type of guy that does things all the way or not at all. This whole thing sucks.

GOT SURGE?