Originally Posted by Mark Bondy
Originally Posted by Michael Lee
Yeah no, I'm doing okay so far, just a tiny complaint hehe.

I haven't started sparring just yet. I think I'm a long ways from it.

I started at the end of Feb.

Have yet to do my Yellow shorts test.

I'm getting stronger by the day, which is great, but I've switch to south paw.

Trying it out. I'm confused with my stance. An instructor Oliver from Siam No.1, is telling me to try south for a while.

Thing is my left foot/leg is so "sensitive" that it's bruised badly right now. Well it's tender as hell, the bruising hasn't shown its colours just yet, but from the top of my foot to the top of my shin it is SUPER tender.

I'm pushing through and kicking hard through it, but damn does it hurt.

My right leg is fine though, I can abuse the sh!t out of it.

Oh well, I'm still "fresh" so I'm quite pleased with my progress thus far.

Excited to get sparring.

Is yellow shorts like a grading system? What's the next step up from that and what kind of allowances does it give you?

Are you lefthanded? If not, why are you trying out a southie stance, just because of your leg?

You'd better invest in some thai oil for that shin. Massage the heck out of it with the oil and ice it a lot, that should help it heal quicker.

Ooooh, thanks for the tip. I'll have to pick some up.

Grading system yup. Yellow shorts is the beginner test, then blue shorts which is the advanced I guess.

I'm right handed, but I've been hearing conflicting advice from multiple trainers.

BUT, the most experienced of them, and 1 world class fighter I was lucky to have met through my friend Joyce, Maximillion Chen, told me to try out south paw, whichever feels more comfortable.

1 senior trainer Oliver told me that my strong arm should be forward, and to give it a try since I feel somewhat more comfortable kicking with my left leg, more flexible.

But as I'm training and getting more limber and stronger, my right kick is much stronger at the moment.

We'll see what happens another month from now. I'm kinda just switching it up at the moment.

Best thing about all this wicked training is I'm having fun and my belly is shrinking fast!

1997 Eclipse GST/X
Eat in small amounts. Otherwise be prepared to paint toilet bowls~ Mike Eng