Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
Nice rims Tyler! I too am a fan of lightweight rims. I'm running 17x8 RPF1's. They weigh like 15.3 lbs each wink

Running heavy rims on a car is definately poo.

Daren,
Your car will brake quicker, accelerate quicker, turn quicker, have less strain on drivetrain parts, and have a better road feel. Its a win win in every aspect, and well worth the money especially for a car as nice as yours smile I'd look for something lighter than 19 lbs if possible, its definately worth the extra bucks!

With my lightweight rim/tire combo, drag racing alignment with 0 camber in the back and 0/0 toe, and 70/30 cusco 4 spider limited slip center diff, my car handles like an evo wink

Ya, I'm aware of all the benefits of less rotational weight, just curious if dropping 6lbs per corner, was enough to be noticeable in the "real world" (& in a vehicle that makes more then 150hp, etc).

I'd go lighter if there were options but the problem is for proper fitment, don't think there is a whole lot of options out there, well atleast not in 18's. Plus, I want them to still look decent. The car wasn't built to be an all out track car, so I'm not going to run smaller rims, that don't look as good, just to be lighter. I know 18's defently aren't ideal as far as performance is concerned but I'm not a fan of smaller rims on 2g's, with their large wheel wells (unless its a drag specific vehicle, etc).

The wheels I'm looking at are Enkei's, 18 x 8, 40mm offset. For this size of wheel, I don't think there are many other options, well atleast not that are lighter.

98 Eclipse GSX DSM82HTA