Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
Originally Posted by Daren Peacock

Ya, I'm aware of all the benefits of less rotational weight, just curious if dropping 6lbs per corner, was enough to be noticeable in the "real world" (& in a vehicle that makes more then 150hp, etc).

I go as far as even finding out the tire weight. I'll pay $$$ for a tire that weighs 1-2 lbs less than another. That is why I still use 215/45/17's wink
You WILL definately notice the difference. I went from a 19lb rim to a 15lb rim and notice it.

My slick setup is even lighter. 15" Rota subzeroes that weigh 12.9 lbs wrapped in MT slicks that weigh 17 lbs each. Total is 29.9 lbs per corner. I don't think it gets much better than that in a DSM.

I didn't even need to upgrade my street rim/tires setup as I have the slicks, but the benefits outweigh the costs IMO wink I'm all about a nice street setup as well as the track. Plus the RPF1's make me drool.

It might not be your taste but I think 18" RPF1's in matt black would look sick on your car tu

Good info, thanks tu

Defently noticed a difference with my DR setup for fwd, it was probably pretty close to your slick setup for weight. The Hoosier DR's weighed less then 19 lbs, not bad for a 225/50/16 tire, defently less then a reg steel belted radial.

I've seen some 2g's with the RPF1's & I'm not a huge fan. They look good if you just want that "race car" look but I prefer some other styles on the 2g. Also, their offset isn't as ideal as what I would be looking at, the PF01's in matt black.

98 Eclipse GSX DSM82HTA