I have to agree. A replacement SS braided flex line is far better then the rubber reinforced stockers. But to replace hard lines with braided hoes would be a downgrade other then apperance althought a extra long braided line wrapped aroud all sorts of things under the hood doesnt really add to apperance. IMO....
Yes, for sure it's not a performance mod. It's also not really an appearance mod since you can't really see them. (By the way, my lines are sized to pretty much exact length, so I've got no extra to have to loop). I guess I'd call it a convenience/preventative maintenance mod. The idea begin that there's no need to worry about hard lines rusting or flare nuts rusting or stripping. All fittings are commonly available, replaceable -3AN (which are completely separate from the lines, unlike flare nuts which are intergral).

Certainly, not all cars have problems with rusting brake lines, but my 2g (which I would call average for the year for underbody rust) has a fair amount of rust on the rear hard lines. Rusting brake lines are not unusual for cars that live their lives in this area of the world (s. Ontario).