It was definitely an eventful ride home. The trip was going well until we got into some traffic in Cleaveland and the guy in front of me obviously didn't know how to modulate the brake pedal. Needless to say there were a few hard stops. Apparently this was enough to destroy one of the tie down straps. Compounding this, the car never got put into gear nor did the parking brake get put on in my rush to get everything packed the previous night before I lost daylight. Major mistake! Now the car was essentially rolling free on the trailer. After getting stopped, we realized I was just inches from dropping the car into a freeway in the rain in the middle of rush hour. The only thing holding it back was the loose end of the ratchet strap that was tied to the frame of the trailer to stop it from dragging on the ground.
Then we almost get the cops called on us for pulling into an empty parking lot to secure the car. Ziggy went back after we left to have a few words with the owner. You're a brave man Ziggy.
We shopped around for new straps and a chain in one of the seediest areas I've ever been in. I think all of us were well outside our comfort zone.

Huge thanks to Ghis, Ryan, Sam, Jay, Sandra and Ziggy (on his scooter of course) for helping out. I would not have wanted to be doing that one alone.

The shootout was awesome once again. It was great to meet some members face to face for the first time. The Max Effort was a blast and it allowed us to watch all the drags on Sunday. Can't wait for next year.

97 Eclipse GSX