Originally Posted by Johnny Larmond
I'd be down for a tutorial. See how I stack up. Still a little gunshy to push my machine until she's properly tuned. Not $1000 tuned, but enough to not knock like a monster. haha

Given the condition my car was in when I not only drove her to and from the SO last year, but also raced and won a trophy, I couldn't not do it when my car was miles beyond where it was last year in terms of tune/performance/reliability/etc.

I wasn't planning to AutoCross her this year because I've never driven this car aggressively in anything but a straight line; not even so much as a tire-squealing on/off-ramp. But....seeing all the other guys doing it and given the fact that I'm a road-racer and not a drag-racer, I couldn't say no after dropping all the money and time to get to the SO.
In addition, I've never driven a turbo and/or AWD car at or near the limit, so there was definitely some getting used to. That and the depowered steering rack was brutal on my bad elbow.

I was pleasantly surprised given that she's a 20 year old car on run-of-the-mill street tires, and all stock handling-related components.

I had also only switched to SD the day before, but she was running like a top!

When I'm back in town we can go over your logs and start getting your car dialed in, if you want. Then maybe you won't be such a chicken to actually push the gas pedal! wink

Originally Posted by Ghislain Goudreau
Salomon is MaBoy and will be beging for his instructional.

Now I forgot to admit that I use to know how to do it but it has been about 10 years since I have Heeled Toed.

Rev matching is a current; Learned it from Me Dad; Old Man was a truck driver.

Ghislain

Well, being able to rev-match well puts you ahead of the game.

Heel-toe really isn't as hard as people make it out to be, it just takes practice, so I'm sure all of you guys will be doing it in no time! Once you get the hang of it you'll be doing it during daily driving in no time and when you finally hit the track, well, you won't even have to think about it because it will be second nature!

Originally Posted by Ghislain Goudreau
Ya; and I happend to have the coolest of them all!!!

Not gonna argue with you on that one!

'92 Talon TSi AWD - 5 Speed/E16G/12.385s @ 115.13mph