Originally Posted by Reza Mirza
I carry CAA. I'd rather tow the car home and work on it. I think I have only used CAA towing my broken car from the track.

So do I. In fact, I called them the other night when my exhaust blew off in the middle of bum-frack nowhere with tools but no jack/blocks etc. at 11:30pm in the freezing cold + rain + hail. Wait was supposed to be well over an hour...ended up driving the car onto an embankment..threw on a couple layers of clothes + coveralls I always keep in the car...crawled under and went to work...wasn't too bad, except cleaning out all the mud/sand/grass packed into the 3" exhaust from driving onto the embankment. Finished it all in about 30 minutes or so of work...CAA was still 45+ mins away.

Stuff that I can reasonably and safely fix without risking further damage to the car I will do. If it's something like a major oil leak/hg/etc...I would normally get a tow and call it a day.

Originally Posted by Pedro Suarez
so do you guys just carrying a sh*t ton of spare parts LOL

No...but a full socket set, a few wrench sets, a large variety of hand-tools and all the fluids the car could need.

Generally no spare parts, though, except maybe electrical connectors (spades, crimps, etc.) that are small enough and light enough to keep a few of in the car.

Last edited by Salomon Ponte; October 12, 2012 05:55 pm UTC.

'92 Talon TSi AWD - 5 Speed/E16G/12.385s @ 115.13mph