Originally Posted by Bradley Woodward
hmm, wrapping down pipe and ducting is important, also make sure no exhaust leaks up there.

Those slim fans are complete garbage, get OEM shrouded ones if you can.

If you are running that hot in a drag or autocross on a 14b (assuming you don't have it set way outside of its efficiency range) you've got a fundamental problem. The OEM system should have no problem with that.

Wrapping the downpipe will be done very soon, as will ducting.

I think I still have one of the OE fans (the car only had one on it when I got it) but not the other. I'd like to pick up some FAL or SPAL fans but they are pricey!

I think the biggest part of my problem is airflow, because even on the highway she runs pretty warm and I'm really not in boost that much, or not very much boost, although with a 14b it's usually just under 0 vacuum/boost when cruising in the 120's. I've got an E16G now, but that got put on right before the end of the season so haven't really seen any road/course time with it.

As for exhaust leaks, I think there may be a very slight one but until I can get a new manifold (and ideally turbine housing), it will never seal 100% perfectly.

'92 Talon TSi AWD - 5 Speed/E16G/12.385s @ 115.13mph