As some of you may know, I'm currently studying mechanical engineering at the University of Waterloo.

I will be going into my final year come Fall and as part of my credit/course requirements, it is necessary that I do a design project.

This being the case, I want it to be automotive related. Originally I was going to do something for the Formula SAE team but I've decided I want to do something for my own vehicle(s) or just something interesting in general.

So, if any of you have any project ideas (remember, I will have 6 full courses in the Fall as well as other commitments, so it needs to be somewhat reasonable in scope) that would be cool to see/try/test on a DSM or otherwise (I have a '69 Malibu as well), let me know. Powertrain (and to a lesser extent, drivetrain) is what interests me most, but vehicle dynamics, aerodynamics, etc. are definite possibilities as well. If I do decide on a project sooner, I can start getting the wheels turning and so I'd like to at least get an idea of what I want to do.

Low budget is also ideal!

We also have an engine dyno here laugh

Possible topics:

- Some sort of engine development
- Turbo technologies/development
- Proper development and aerodynamic analysis of front aero/ducting/etc. for the Talon (a la Andrew Brilliant for the 2G).

Last edited by Salomon Ponte; April 18, 2013 04:00 am UTC.

'92 Talon TSi AWD - 5 Speed/E16G/12.385s @ 115.13mph