Originally Posted by Johnny Larmond
Variable vane turbo. I know it's been done, but if you could simplify the concept, then we might be getting somewhere. PM me because I have some interesting ideas.

This has actually been one (of many) thing I've considered and have read up a bit into, although not on any sort of extensive level. I'll shoot you a PM to see what you've got in mind.

Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
center clutch system.. to be able to disengage and engage the rear wheels while driving. Ken block and tanner foust have it in their realy fun awd fiestas.

Or a 30-70 split center dif.

Would be pretty cool/sweet to try. I'll add it to the list, although I think this would be more along the lines of a 'tinker at home' kind of project for myself.

Originally Posted by Mike Degli Angeli
A 1g billet DSM front knuckle that converts it to a 2g/EVO wheel bearing, evo caliper and to use evo suspension. Correcting all suspension geometry for being lowered, bump steer, roll center and full suspension travel.

A 1g could use evo suspension all the way around if this was designed. Its on my to do list.

I have a 1g knuckle, a evo knuckle, wheel bearing, evo rotor, evo caliper all for mock up and measurements.

As for a design project which i'm sure you'll have to write a report for you cover the FEA in stress analysis of the design, the correction of the suspension design operating outside of OEM specifications, braking ability and making use of updated technologies form the EVO suspension.

It's funny, because I have thought about this (although not as indepth-ly as you clearly have) numerous times before and just in the past few days have been looking up 1G/Evo suspension combinations (as a number of people have done it...the issues is actually more with the rear than the front, at least in terms of mounting) and what-not. I'm VERY interested in this idea and will be in touch with you.

I know embarrassingly little about suspension/vehicle dynamics but it is something I have been itching to really delve into, as I'm a road course guy and this stuff makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. If you (or anyone here) has any good books/sources to learn more then feel free to pass them on.

I don't have to start doing anything (officially) for this until Fall term begins, but I'd like to pick my project within the next few months and get a good grasp on it so I'm not rushing to do it last minute come Fall, when I've got a full course load. Having the summer will also give me lots of time to learn all the stuff I'll need to know.

As for a report, there will be a huge one, including a presentation for some of the profs (this is a report course).

I don't currently know FEA (or CFD), but I am enrolled in both of those courses come Fall. That being said, I would love to learn it sooner!

Mike, expect a PM. smile

Last edited by Salomon Ponte; April 18, 2013 11:39 pm UTC.

'92 Talon TSi AWD - 5 Speed/E16G/12.385s @ 115.13mph