Originally Posted by Steve Rode
Mike,

Been training in GoJu karate. Our style was more garnered towards street fighting, with a bit of tradition. My Sensei, the indomitable Sensei Dixon always believed that learning something practical would save lives. And we had a number of stories from the Dojo that would confirm his beliefs.

Through GoJu, I also did some WWF style wrestling. It was the greatest of FUN! I continued with that until a major back injury took me out. I had the luck to brush up on the wrestling skills a few years ago. Unfortunately, having three kids, the money wasn't there...although the yearning was!

For weight lifting I concentrate on power lifting. I've settled down a bit, attempting to get to my goals the smart way. Like you said above...eating is a big part as well as resting. But also technique. It's great to be able to bench 350lbs, but if you do it wrong...it's not going to last!

My overall goal is to be the 8/10 body at the old folks home so that I can have threesomes with the young 70 years olds. LOL.

rotflmao

That's great! Old coworker of mine took Goju, but made the switch to Muay Thai fairly recently, about a year ago.
Sweet stuff, I bet your body's a wreck from all that wrestling!

1997 Eclipse GST/X
Eat in small amounts. Otherwise be prepared to paint toilet bowls~ Mike Eng