Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
You will still change the pressure with the set screw if the spring is for some reason .. not working the way it should. Altho I think the spring would have to be heated up alot... or really old to ever not hold a steady pressure. Aftermarket fuel regulators may leak..but they dont normally wear out.
I still thinkyou should purge the old stuff first and start from there. Old gas wont burn and will give you a rich reading... cause its not burning. The car may start but as soon as tries to idle It cant find stoich with weak gas.

Well the regulator is about 8 years old I believe... and it has spent the last 2 sitting doing nothing, often without any fuel in it.

I have purged most of the old stuff out and have been filling jerry cans with some fresh 94 octane. I agree the old fuel didn't help, but old fuel won't cause fuel pressure to be all over the place.

Originally Posted by Stephen Richardson
Jesus if i knew he was open i would of grabbed new fuel lines aswell. Oh well winter project now.

I dont think fuel thank venting is your issue but no harm in checking. You could run seperate return into a jerrycan see if that helps. But my guess is the regulator

I'm not sure if he's really open or just doing me a favour because I asked really nicely and am a pain in the ass like that smile

I figured taking the cap off would act as a vent, avoiding the need for a separate return. My guess is also the regulator at this point.

1995 TSi AWD
11.7@119 1.8 60' - Curse of the Bad Driver
PHP: 0