Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert
Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
You will still change the pressure with the set screw if the spring is for some reason .. not working the way it should. Altho I think the spring would have to be heated up alot... or really old to ever not hold a steady pressure. Aftermarket fuel regulators may leak..but they dont normally wear out.
I still thinkyou should purge the old stuff first and start from there. Old gas wont burn and will give you a rich reading... cause its not burning. The car may start but as soon as tries to idle It cant find stoich with weak gas.

Well the regulator is about 8 years old I believe... and it has spent the last 2 sitting doing nothing, often without any fuel in it.

I have purged most of the old stuff out and have been filling jerry cans with some fresh 94 octane. I agree the old fuel didn't help, but old fuel won't cause fuel pressure to be all over the place.

Originally Posted by Stephen Richardson
Jesus if i knew he was open i would of grabbed new fuel lines aswell. Oh well winter project now.

I dont think fuel thank venting is your issue but no harm in checking. You could run seperate return into a jerrycan see if that helps. But my guess is the regulator

I'm not sure if he's really open or just doing me a favour because I asked really nicely and am a pain in the ass like that smile

I figured taking the cap off would act as a vent, avoiding the need for a separate return. My guess is also the regulator at this point.

And my hands still smell like gas because of it...

'92 Talon TSi AWD - 5 Speed/E16G/12.385s @ 115.13mph