Originally Posted by Lucian Marta
Originally Posted by Terry Sikora
LOL...I'm curious to see how much more that engine can handle, good luck Lucian..

Can you awd swap that Hyundai?

Me too! Not too many people push the engine fully stock. I plan to. The few that have, managed to put down some good numbers.

And apparently you can, although I haven't seen anybody successfully start and finish it. The Tucson is built on the same platform as the Elantra, and it's also offered with the Beta II engine I have and AWD. The 5 speed out of that is confirmed to fit the Elantra, but like I said nobody went much further than that. The Evo 4-9 engine/trans has also been swapped into this chassis too. Apparently all but 1 mount lines up. I'm sure with the right knowledge, skills and money somebody can swap a rear end into the car to make it all work. I'm not going to try though.

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Lucian that thing is a monster, I never seen that exhaust manifold that you have on there, that thing is beefy!

Yeah, it's very beefy, very heavy, and extremely ugly. I think my exhaust manifold has more in common with most of the women in Brantford than anything hahaha Surprisingly even after 10+ years of use there's not a single crack in it.

Read this article and ask why he didnt go awd?? Same rear as a 86 corolla ?? Galant rear suspension??

http://www.modified.com/features/0311_sccp_1990_hyundai_excel/viewall.html

11.45@125,
stock bottom end 6bolt 2g head.
272 hks cams.
Holset hx35
Backyard biult!!