Bryan, the best suspension options available for the 1Gs are Evo 8/9 suspension bits that have been modified slightly to fit the 1G. The Evo 8/9 suspension is almost a direct bolt-in, particularly in the front. It will require minimal modification to the design to make it work directly as a bolt-on.

To give you an idea, look here: http://www.muellerized.com/products_1gdsm.html (These are the ones I posted up quite a while back). You're looking at easily $3-$4k+ just for the shocks/struts for 4 corners from Ohlins/Hot Bits/etc. and that doesn't include any of the other suspension components nor does it include proper setup, which is easily more than 50% of what goes into making a car handle well, regardless of how good the components you use are. If you go through the Mueller site you can see that you can easily turn that $3-4k into $8-10k+++ VERY quickly. Again, for nothing other than your struts for four corners.

When I get a chance, I will post pictures of the two knuckles side-by-side and you will see just how damn near identical they are.

As Mike mentioned, cost is literally the last thing I care about. To be honest, the largest cost in something like this is the R&D. I'm doing it myself and I'm even getting a credit out of it, so there's no monetary cost (to me) in that sense. It's a LOT of work, but I'm getting a lot out of it that will help me more than just on the track. Materials and machining ARE very expensive, but luckily I have some generous offers that will help cover most, if not all of the expenses for the first set I make (for myself).

Mike, thanks for letting me know that it's FWD. I actually have a pair of spare AWD front knuckles, so I will compare and measure all 3. I have to speak to Rob, as he mentioned that he could CMM them for me, which would be far more ideal than trying to build a jig and taking hand measurements.

Last edited by Salomon Ponte; October 07, 2013 01:23 pm UTC.

'92 Talon TSi AWD - 5 Speed/E16G/12.385s @ 115.13mph