Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert
Originally Posted by Mike Eng

It's jerky...it shouldn't mould that quickly frown

Notice how the corner store bags of jerky all have those little packs of "you'll die if you eat me" crap in them? And that stuff isn't nearly as fresh as what we're buying.

Though I probably should have been more adamant about the fact that this stuff should be kept in the fridge, so I'm sorry for that.

It's not like you made it dude, no need to apologize.

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Mike the stuff at the store also doesn't have fat, I did a lot of reading on making Jerky before I found this guy. It is the fat that makes the Jerky go moldy because it holds moisture.
The fridge definitely helps though, I was at around the 2 week mark when I started seeing mold without the fridge, with the fridge it goes for a much longer time.
Also definitely keep it vacuumed sealed until you are ready to eat, that should help a lot too.

If you read the ingredients on a "gas station bought beef jerky" versus the "real mccoy jerky" we're buying, there aren't ANY preservatives.

Pretty much all natural ingredients.

I'm still sad I lost a pound of what end's up being pretty close to $25 worth of meat...

Anyways, be warned guys. Keep it air free sealed and refrigerated when not snacking wink

'99 GSX GT35R
'03 CBR 600RR