For starters, I don't claim to have a vast knowledge on the subject of GMO/natural food diets, so take what I say worth a grain of salt. I did however have a few classes on the subjects in school. Research and come to your own conclusions and believe what you want.

Like you guys have mentioned, not all GMO foods are modified to change the shape and size/increase yields/whatever else that increases the bottom line of the producing companies. There are companies that do it to help people who are unable to get the required vitamins/nutrients, such as the "golden rice project."

GMO plants can also be blended with organic crops with out the farmer knowing or wanting. I can't remember the exact details but, there was/maybe still is a company in the states that was buying out farms to grow there patented corn, if a farmer refused they would grow it near by. Wait for the crops to cross contaminate, then sue the farmer for growing there patented corn. Then they would buy the farm when they couldn't pay. So if you want an actual 100% organic food you would need to get seeds from a seed bank and grow them in a sterile environment. I'm not saying eating organic is a waste of time/point less just adding content.

As far a labeling food organic the laws used to be (not sure if they have changed) so slack they were practically none existent. I believe that state have/had slightly better guide lines, but it was still along the lines of you only need to meet "x" amount of the "Y" requirements. So say it you got 12/30 you could label it as "organic".

Pesticides have also come along way as well. We not longer use arsenic and mercury to kill weeds. More developed counties usually have laws enforcing what pesticides can be used water soluble are require by most. If you want to research more of the topic and didn't learn about pesticide run off and fat soluble pesticides in high school great places to start.

As far as pasteurized milk versus raw milk, in Canada it was illegal (again not sure if the laws have changed) to buy/sell raw milk to individuals. The only "raw milk" that the government approves for the public is cheese that has been made from it, which needs to be aged for "X" amount of days under certain conditions.

Some people that have lactose intolerances, claim that they can drink raw milk with no side effects. They blame the pasteurization process on changing the milk sugars, that affects people with the intolerances. There are some videos on youtube about Michael Schmidt, a farmer from Ontario. Since he could not sell raw milk, he sold shares in his cows and would give people raw milk from their share of the cow.

Raw milk can contain many bacteria, such as e.coli, salmonella, listeria, etc. It all depends on the conditions the animal is around. If the farm has chickens with salmonella, the chicken could crap in the food the cow eats and now the cow could have it as well. Pasteurization eliminates/reduces these bacteria to an allowable level, it also increases the shelf life and storage of the milk (research UHT milk).

97 Talon
08 Silverado 2500HD