I knew this could possibly turn into a long dragged thread due to the progress in tires now a days. There could be possibly 10 different phenomenal tires and that's why I thought I would turn to you guys for some help. In USA man those guys have deep pockets and are just crazy. I think we are a bit more conservative and I thought why not ask guys that go to Cayuga shannonvll, mosport etc...
You know our tracks and weather conditions so lets see why you chose the tire you did.
I banged off 10.80's all day long with falken 452's some time ago which tells you that street tires do perform if everything else is in line. Didn't hurt I was driving a 996 Porsche TT either but the point is I didn't break the bank on Michelins or cup tires to get into the 10's. I didn't need to break my axels either as I was hitting 1.7-2.0 60 foots and pretty much always ended up in the 10's north end of the 130mph. That's why I don't mind trying out some tires and as long as they stick decently I can calculate what more or less I would do if I had some stickies.

As for rims!!! Well I have evo rally rims now. But car still has to visit paint shop and if I want they can roll, they can cut, they can flare a bit or do whatever I want. So if I should get a 285s then Ill do it. Just need the proper offset in a wheel I like. I love the concave look but finding awesome rims in 17 has turned out to be really difficult. Most are 18-20's. I would have loved to go 16's but my 13 rotors wont allow.

I am open to more suggestions on tires and most definitely rims and offset specs. Hope the car will be done by spring so I can go the meets, track events and get to know you guys. Its kinda cool knowing the car started out where it did and where it is now. Nick name so far is Frankenstein due to it having so many different part and things being cut grinded and fab'd.
Lots of long hours. days weeks months and now years... lol.