Lets turn this into my build thread. I came home to more tools that I just bought and didn't have time to use much of before I left smile Now I have time to use them, but need a job again to purchase a few more. Currently possess most necessary hand, power, and air tools, a few jacks, one engine stand and engine hoist, 6 saftey stands, small air compressor, ect. Also,Just bought a factory service manual for hard-copy and easy reference detailed wiring diagrams. I didn't like PDF versions.

Current needs list:

1) Shop Vac with Hepa filter
(gotta keep sh!t clean down to the fine dust particles)
2)osculating multi-tool
(remove last of sound deadening and undercoating)
3)Probably a MIG welder, welder of some sort
4)Proper gauge and type of sheet metal.
6)Front Rad support replacement/Redesign

Phase 1: Tear down. Started, Incomplete.
1)Still need to remove rear sub-frame and associated suspension/diff. Still need to remove fuel tank.
2)A few wires remain up the A pillars to the roof.
3)Rear Quarter windows need to be extracted in one or many pieces

Reason not done:
1) I need another way to hold the frame up due to uncertain previous rocker repair rigidity. Safety stands are still on the sub-frame. Not sure where to move these, may need a large amount more height with patio stones/large timber to reach rear-most frame rails.

2)Wires are not currently in my way.

3)These windows are a bitch to get at. I do not have replacement window trim yet either and fear further damaging my only pair.

Phase 2: Remove all paint,seam seal,sound deadening,undercoating. Stitch weld entire chassis. Start with engine bay, move into interior/exterior, fenderwells, finish with the underside.

Phase 2 is well underway, and progress can be made without any other aforementioned tools or tasks. Progress continues. More pics to take,lots of mess to clean, make more mess, repeat.

Phase 3: Pre-Paint Mock-up. Some steps may be skipped and revisited if money does not allow, in order to enjoy the car sooner and make future winter projects. Openly considering sponsorships, not sure though because I hate stickers! I ll try and make a deadline on this step as days go by and I have a better income and timeframe Idea. I am working out of a year-year september-september term rental house after all! I plan to be here at least until september 2015. I d like the car on the road before then. Some steps can be skipped and revisited in order to speed up the paint process, so long as they don't ruin a new paint job. Dont want to be redoing alot of brackets and shaving extra holes with paint done.

1)Use spare 6 bolt to do a mock-up swap, rewire and shaving/tucks.
2)Relocate battery to trunk, add additional switches/safety features
3)Make car run and fully function at idle with all necessary electronics and comforts for street use. Remove all wimp wiring present for non necessities. Purely all for mock-up purposes. No Driveline or suspension required.
4)Mount at least one racing seat in a desired relocated position
5)Rebuild light weight Steering column and mount a racing wheel. Look into depowering/redesigning the steering rack to acommodate full powersteering delete.
6)Build a Roll cage around my desired driving position
7)Make HVAC function properly with a full A/C Delete, full wiper fluid and defrost delete.
8)Depower locks,windows, possibly mirrors.
9)Possibly make a lightweight quick release sunroof plug.
10)Decide how to run/mount lines/ducting for a big brake kit

Parts still needed for mock-up:
1) New Fuel system,possibly a fuelcell (Ziggy/Frontline)
2) New massive and custom gauge setup (Speedhut)
3) New ignition firing System (Dynatek)
4) Evo 8 MAF
5) Metal for new brackets
6) Racing seat/Harness (Status custom seat/DOT approved)
7) Racing steering wheel (Sparco)
8) DOM/Chromoly Piping
9) Possibly a Race Rad,meth injection,and an oil cooler
10)CF sunroof, doors would be nice.

Phase 4 Disassemble again (should be quick with half the car still unassembled). Rigorously, systematically and meticulously Clean, Prime, Undercoat,Seam Seal,Paint.

Phase 5 Reassemble with care and utilize the best of what I have available at this time. Replace old bushings/mounts. If driveline will remain stock, check it over. New Windshield. New Trim. Clean/polish/paint OEM brakets/parts. Setup DG coilovers and suspension.

Phase 6 Fire the beast. Drive with spare 6 bolt and act 2600, enjoy, tune with link V3 (already in possession and running with a 96 ECU). Be careful with power the drive-train can handle. Otherwise beat the sh!t out of the spare motor. Tires,rims,Big brakes if not yet complete.

Phase 7 Built 6 Bolt. In progress. Finish and Swap whenever. If not yet completed, build transmission, working outward and backward to shafts, transfercase, and rear diff. Twin Disc clutch. If first paint job didn't cut it try again.

-Head complete: Stock valves and cams, Manley valvesprings+titanium retainers, Ferrea High temp valve seals and guides, 3g style lifters. Felpro permatorque hhead gasket.
-Block in progress. Needs bore and hone. Currently a stock crank, ACL Race bearings. ARP head and main studs. Eagle H Beams, Weisco 9:1 pistons. Balance shaft delete.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Phase 1 and 2 pics to follow in a few days along with a prologue to bring us up to present mods list. That should bring everything up to speed in order to proceed with a more semi regular bunch of updates on the progress. Until then its just all talk! Need a plan though, and I dream big, or whats the point laugh

Last edited by Mike Lane; January 31, 2014 09:59 pm UTC.

98GSX Black:1st car/resto proj
97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
RIP 86 turbo ZX, 92 turbo 2000GTX