Originally Posted by Stephan Tanchak
Aren't supra SMIC's a thing of the past now that there are cheap pre fabbed kits for our cars?

I know you love your side mounts Gui tongue.

Thing of the past? Yeah it's old news but it still works. So why forget about them? If I had my choice I'd have a Dejon super side mount for the 1g as well (since that's what I'm running on the 2g). Was buying one when I was looking, but the deal fell through. Finding one is hell though since Dejon went out of business and most current owners don't know what it is, and both ADX and Alamo (other 2 manufacturers for smics) are a bit too bulky for my taste. They work, it's just that people couldn't justify putting X amount of money on one purposely built for the car when they could buy a cheap chinese FMIC kit from ebay for the same price.

Not to mention a lot of DSMers are bit by the "buy bigger so won't have to upgrade it again later" bug with injectors/turbos/intercooler/dsmlink. Which I'm all for if you actually do ramp up the performance to that stage one day, but most don't. So it's wasted money.

Besides, that way I make use of the bumper vents as this was the original idea from the manufacturers. You'll also note that I already have a vacuum created by the wheel right behind it which helps suck air through it. Again, intended by the engineers when they developed it.

"Looked at it, declared war and went to find my throwing wrenches."