Have a bit of time before I go back to work so I loaded up the DD to get some sh!t finally done on the car.
Plan is to have EVERYTHING in this picture on the car. At least getting the dash in will be a HUGE move forward.
[Linked Image]
I always start with some 'easy' so I can feel like I accomplished something. My upper IC pipe was the last piece of the intake puzzle. Let me just say if you have a VRSF FMIC and SMIM, you're gonna have a bad time! After wrestling with the piping for what seemed like forever, I got it all bolted in. I did find the missing t-bolt clamp so that's in place too, however I forgot the v-band for my Tial BOV at home.
[Linked Image]
Found a location for my Idle Speed Control Motor. Just need to run the vacuum lines to it. I've always read about idle issues with the Q45 Throttle Body so I went out of my way to keep all the factory idle controls intact (Fast Idle Thermo Valve and Idle Speed Control Motor). The ISC is mounted into a Nissan EVAP Purge Solenoid that I further modified to accept push connect vacuum lines.
[Linked Image]
I ran my battery cable that goes from the breaker in the wheel well to the first thru-panel connector. There's also a small jumper cable so I can use both connectors in the wheel well.
[Linked Image]
Since my AC is long gone I had a hole in my fire wall. I have a plug for this but thought to myself 'Hey, my starter is right there on the other side of the fire wall. That would be a short cable run.' I grabbed my trusty step bit and made the hole a bit bigger to pop the thru-panel connector into.
[Linked Image]
Started running the cable to the distribution blocks. 2 position block feeds the fuse box while the 3 position feeds the starter, re-wired fuel pump and EHPS system.
[Linked Image]
On the cover that goes over the distribution blocks I mounted a large 200A fuse holder, this will feed the alternator. The smaller 15A fuse holder will feed the AEM Twin Fire CDI box. The cover was also trimmed to clear the 0/1AWG cables passing behind it.
[Linked Image]
That's it for now. Today I will finish running/making battery cables and the EHPS pump power cables, then install/mount all interior chassis harness and ECU harness. Once that is done the dash can finally go back into the car, YAY!

96 Talon TSI AWD - The Gold Digger/Never Ending Build