Originally Posted by Anthony Hiscock
My work out routine is a very basic beginners route that consists of 2 different work outs.
A consists of
Squats 3 sets 8-10 reps
Bench press 3 sets 8-10 reps
Bent over rows 3 sets 8-10 reps
Tricep press down 3 sets 10-12 reps
Calf raises 2 sets 10-12 reps

B consists of
Dead lifts 3 sets 8-10 reps
Lat pull down 3 sets 8-10 reps
Overhead barbell shoulder press 3 sets 8-10 reps
Bicep curls 3 sets 8-10 reps
Abs 2 sets 10-12 reps
Shoulder shrugs 3 sets 8-10 reps

Bench started at 90lbs and is now 135lbs, Squats started at the same weight and is now 225, Dead lifts are at 185lbs. I'm happy with that progress in such a short amount of time.

Your routine looks a bit odd but as long as it's sustainable for you, it will likely work out in the short run.

Curious how your deadlift work weight is less than your squat weight... that's very unusual. Very. Are you pulling in sumo or conventional stance? Why are you doing so many reps of the big 3 also? Optimally, you'd want to be between 3-5 reps for those 3 (which would mean increasing the weight) depending on your goals... and deadlifts, heck, unless you're a complete beginner, you should either be aiming for ONE work set of 5 reps or just do singles up to your max.

Anyway, I'm probably coming across critical and that's not my intent, I'm just trying to understand; I don't want to knock your progress at all, keep up the good work!

Sometimes I use words I don't understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis.