I've been keeping this on the down-low until now but now that everything is pretty much firmed up and finalized I thought it was time to share that I will be moving South of the border.

I've accepted a job with Ford as an Engine Calibration Engineer based out of Allen Park, Michigan.

For those of you wondering what specifically I'll be doing here's a short list of some of the tasks:

• Perform engine calibration, drivability
  • Calibrate and sign-off vehicle functional objectives
  • Document progress and methods used to calibrate/validate parameters within responsibility
  • Conduct vehicle testing and development at remote locations in Arizona, Colorado and Northern Canada
  • Design and conduct tests to validate engine and vehicle fuel economy, performance, emissions, and diagnostics
  • Evaluate and asses vehicle attributes (performance, fuel economy, emission, NVH) on vehicles and in engine dynamometer cells

I will be spending a lot of time in cars and a lot of time at the Ford Proving Grounds in Romeo, MI. One of the tracks there is a massive oval with 2.5 mile (4km) long straights before the turns.

Ford Proving Grounds Article
Map View of FPG

Additionally, I can/will be working with EVERY vehicle Ford produces from a basic Fiesta to an F750 - in all engine and tranny combinations available.

I will still frequent this board and I will be back in Canada most weekends but will be otherwise residing in Michigan in an as yet to be determined location, but likely around Royal Oak.

Time to start living real life frown

Last edited by Salomon Ponte; September 26, 2014 04:09 pm UTC.

'92 Talon TSi AWD - 5 Speed/E16G/12.385s @ 115.13mph