Originally Posted by Jay Stacey
Ive used it several times.

Compare the $105 ostrich plus the $20 software to the $500 Link. Everythjng else will cost the same. JACKAL can be upgraded to Warewolf.. For $180.

The only real diferance is the logging cable. Its seperate then the ostrich cable. You can buy them .. But you can make them aswell... DsMap encourages DIY and will give you info on the DIY cable. Plus they sell a very nice map sensor for a great price.

Jackal runs in closed loop all the time.. The sensors are just here for thresh hold adjustments. So technicly the car will run without a wideband or o2sensor. some have installed DSMap in there cars wihout a wideband and uploaded the stock 1g map that comes with it and drove around fine with out any tuning at all. I did for a month or so.

You can log with dsmap.. But I found its easier to log with a palm pilot. Works the same princapals.. But you can leave the palm in the car all the time and log all the time with out your laptop. I mounted the palm dock onto the and if you have a palm allready, it saves you thebother of having to get a logging cable.

I assume you mean Jackal runs in open loop if you can run with no WB/O2 sensors.

'92 Talon TSi AWD - 5 Speed/E16G/12.385s @ 115.13mph