Hi everyone. I'm new to the dsm world. Anyway, I bought the car about 2 months ago, car wasn't drivable since the clutch pedal had no pressure. Changed the slave and master cylinder but nothing. In the end it ended up being a bad clutch pedal assembly.

Now on to the issue at hand. The car was at my mechanics for a while. He did the pedal assembly, oil change, stainless steel lines and exhaust. I drove it home Sunday and the car was driving fine. Sputtering a bit between 1-3000 rpm and nothing in the higher rpms. The car was sitting for like 3-4 years when I got it. Monday I went to start the car and nothing, it keeps cranking and after like 15 tries starts and stays on maybe for 5 secs and sputters and dies. If I try giving it gas it dies right away. I have since changed the coolant temp sensor and changed the spark plugs to BPR6ES from BPR7ES. The plugs are black like the night and I think the rings in the valve cover are leaking a bit cuz there was oil on the spark plug wires (taylor 8mm). I have taken out the ecu and opened it up. The caps are not leaking however I don't have a spare to plug in and see if it's the ecu that's gone bad. Please help me out this car is driving me crazy

1992 talon tsi awd. Under construction