Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert
Originally Posted by Stephan Tanchak
Does the crank angle sensor not send the spark signal?

I'd be happy to provide you an explanation, but given that it does not pertain to this thread, I would rather do it elsewhere. I don't mean to be offensive, I just notice that every new DSMer that comes on here with an issue gets sent down a half dozen blind alleys.

Awais - If you would like to check your wires, that is your prerogative. You will find they are in the right order.

Testing spark plug wires with an ohm meter is pointless. Given that there's nothing wrong with your wires, testing them by any procedure at this point would also be pointless.

You checked for fuel. Good. Now check for spark.

No offense taken. However when I was changing the plugs I noticed one of the wire was loose meaning it doesn't click into the distributor properly. They are taylor 8mm wires. I widened the clip end of the wire and now it's a little better but still no go. And the boot on the end of two wire boot came off when pulling them from the spark plugs.

I appreciate the help and I understand where you are coming from. I don't want to go checking or purchasing parts blindly either. Will check for spark today and will report back. Also will confirm if I have fuel coming by removing the spark plug after a try at starting the car.

1992 talon tsi awd. Under construction