Its sentimental to me. My first car smile I ve been back at work again doing the free stuff. The bare metal started worrying me so I rattle canned it over last night. Got my gas tank drained and cleared all old bottled fluids out, took the gas tank and lines out of the garage.
My buddy gave me his welding gas, so the welder is now set up (hence the clearing of explosives lol). Next plan is to reattach the subframes and wheels, sit it on the ground again, lay the harness back in it. Going to go back to work with mocking up the rewire and 6 bolt swap for now. Lots of welding can now be done. That should keep me busy till school ends. I can make some new brackets and shave some old holes.
I honestly don't have alot worth selling. Supposed to be finishing the 6 bolt build over the holiday at Gord Bush performance with my buddy who worked there a while. The head has been finished for a few years, just need to see if we can assemble the block or not. Im not paying for labor, and it has to come home regardless, this friend is my tie to Gord Bush and he's moving to Vermont to work for Subaru world rally team USA.
All in all this is a huge learning experience, and something I have interest in. I look foreward to learning how to use my MIG and aquire skills in chassis fabrication and restoration. This frame isnt perfect, but its a long ways off from crumbling scrap metal. I ve been inspired by too many restos far worse, why waste another rare DSM. Also, school hasn't suffered one bit, still achieving high averages. Im trying to make the best of 3 weeks off, and then when I go back I should have more to tinker with for a while rather than large scale work.

Last edited by Mike Lane; December 23, 2014 05:36 pm UTC.

98GSX Black:1st car/resto proj
97 acura el stolen/found
99GSX Red
RIP 86 turbo ZX, 92 turbo 2000GTX