Originally Posted by Alex Akachinskiy

Originally Posted by Mike Kuttschrutter
Compounds feel more linear once they are setup correctly.
When I had the small turbo set on stock wastegate pressure and the large turbo set around 20ish, the small one spooled instantly, then there was a bit of lag, then the larger one started screaming and kicking in, which was cool, but not ideal.

I like the idea of sequential setup so all available exhaust pressure can be used to spool-up small turbo at low rpms (at least 2000). However, the transition point (when bigger turbo takes over the small) felt like a weak spot because boost noticeably dropped in rx7. Based on your comments, the compound setup don't drop boost since both turbos are always online. However, there should be some trade off in early spool? I can't find boost in your log? TPS peaks only at 82%? you didn't gun her all the way?

300zx uses compound setup consisting of dual Garret T25s. Each per 3 cylinders on V6 3.0. Stock boost at 9.5 PSI and takes about 3000rpm to get there according to local 300zx owner.

You will have to check Load and convert the KPA to PSI. and doesn't look like my tps was calibrated in that log. Looks like it was taking until 3300ish to hit 20psi in this one. I'll try and find a more refined one.

The compounds actually assist in earlier spool, I never thought of it until I switched from my 16g to the compound setup. I was actually beginning to spool earlier than I did with the single small turbo.
if you have ever taken off the compressor outlet while the car is idling, you can feel the air slightly pushing out of the turbo. So with the large turbo feeding into the smaller turbo's inlet, you can just picture the advantage this has.

Stock.