Was running mid 13:1 to low 14:1 afr's, so apart from super hot EGT's, I'm sure the timing retard due to knock wasn't helping their case.

I tossed the valves unfortunately so can't sand blast them now to see what the bubbles on them were for sure, but when I checked for a seat, they wouldn't create a seat all the way around the valve, whereas the replacements did.

If it wouldn't hold anything on the compression test the first time, but held 180PSI with the new valves in, that is fact that they worked.

I'd say call some high end machine shops and engine builders, or even just look online about valve lapping if you don't believe me. And if you come back saying that all the engine builders say they lap valves, that means you didn't bother checking.

Personally, I'd rather listen to the recommendations of a shop that builds engines that make more power than any of us ever will rather than some people on a DSM forum. But to each their own. Right?

But lock it up and delete the thread, I agree. Can't teach an old dog new tricks wink.

1998 Eclipse GSX Spyder 11.5@124
AWD Talons: 1992, 1993, 1997, 1998

Team Big Turbo

PHP: 2