So I did so more testing of the car this weekend and I think I've found the problem. While I was checking for spark (which was strong) I left the injector fuse in to confirm that all four injectors were delivering fuel while cranking. In cylinders 2 and 4 I could see a layer of moisture forming on the top of the piston after 7 or 8 seconds of cranking which looked like a normal spray but on cylinders 1 and 3 the fuel was running down the face of the piston in more of a thin stream. I've included some pictures below but they don't really do it justice, the streams of fuel were very obvious.

So it looks like I have two really clogged injectors which are delivering more of a drip of fuel than a spray. This explains my symptoms because the car is basically trying to start on two cylinders and it also explains why the car revs so high on hot starts because that pool of fuel is being burned off as soon as it catches causing the revs to climb.

So my options are to either have the injectors cleaned and flow tested at Eurodrive in Burlington or to order a whole new set. They check out for resistance so I assume that getting them cleaned is going to be just as effective as getting a new set unless there's something I don't know that you guys can fill me in on, let me know.

Cylinder 1

[Linked Image]

Cylinder 2

[Linked Image]

Cylinder 3

[Linked Image]

Cylinder 4

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Chris Browning; April 27, 2015 01:34 am UTC.

1995 Talon TSi AWD
Evo III 16G / FIC 850's / Walbro 255 / RTM FMIC / ECMLink V3