Originally Posted by Mike Eng
I think that was a smart move Alex.

Good on you!

thanks Mike

Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert
That should afford you plenty of opportunity to poke around an entirely different kind of engine bay smile

Well said! Under the hood it still looks very familiar.
Same oil changes, spark plugs, and filters just like DSMs. At least i can look after that for now haha

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bryan Lawrence
Google say that the gasoline generator gets 37 mpg, it's 1.4 liter engine. The cool thing is that it's purely a generator it's not connected to the driveline in any way.

Looks like just an average. When i drove 70km to get home on generator i averaged about 42 miles per galon. Battery was at zero charge when i left. I drove about 65-70 miles average speed.

Originally Posted by Rob Strelecki
Originally Posted by Alex Akachinskiy
...driving in traffic with AC going 5-20mh/h.

Like this?

[Linked Image]

Bored Google maps tourist one day, I snapped it because I was shocked eek

That looks like right after big earth quake wink

^^^
True! Plus keeping the DSM is nice smile

I'm actually wondering now how does the generator-only powered drive compare to a normal gas powertrain?

I do 150+km/day and $1.50 for half of my trip sounds amazing, what does the other half cost? ponder

I'll need to hear it from Alex. I can't trust any EPA figures.
But damn that's pretty good!

Official EPA 35 city / 40 hwy on generator only. My total commute is about 80km. This morning i left home with fully recharged battery. Here what it looked like when i parked at work.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Yesterday it took me total of 1.4 liters of gas on generator to get me home after battery ran out about half way. I should also mention it was about 85% charged when i left home. Usually there is more traffic going home. Hopefully i can keep it under a litter.

^^^
True! Plus keeping the DSM is nice smile

Yep, Volt saves money that can be invested into my DSM love

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4