Originally Posted by Daren Peacock
If a cop ever spotted you taking a corner anywhere near their grip limits, you'd likely be in trouble rotate

Sold!

Originally Posted by Daren Peacock

I know their considered "max performance" but my previous set of Kumho XS's I actually got somewhere between 30-35K miles out of them (& they weren't 100% worn). With awd, even just before I swapped them out, they were still great in the wet. They use to be fairly reasonable, & if you don't do a ton of driving, might be an option if their priced same or less then other tires your looking at.

So $1k cash for 245/40/18, they seemed like the best bang for my buck, I got them anyways. The tire guy told me he runs them on the street and they easily last him 3-4 summers, 30-35k miles just like you observed with the Kumho XS's. Says the new V2 are good in the rain, pretty much best bang summer tire I could get for the price. I think that is exactly what I was looking for. An excellent performance tire that would easily last me a few summers, not to mention they look good too! I am already used to the very sticky Advan A13c's that come stock on the Evo, so didn't really want anything less performance wise. Can't wait to get them installed this weekend.

[Linked Image]

1G DSM: 1000+ AWHP, 9.2@162.83 MPH
Evo X: 746 AWHP, XR9569S pump gas
www.dynotuneracing.com