Originally Posted by Jeremy Gilbert
My personal take is.. if you have balance shafts, with proper maintenance, you can keep them without too much worry unless your engine regularly sees very high RPM. If you don't have balance shafts, don't worry about it (though my lack of balance shafts was partial motivation for a Fluidampr). Unfortunately you seem to be stuck between those scenarios.

Fluidampr crank pulley maybe a good alternative when not using BS plus without BS the timing belt job seems to be a lot easier to do. Once i determine the exact cause of my ceased BS i will go from there.

Originally Posted by Stephan Tanchak
I read that and also saw someone post a good point, that it could just be something Jack's wanted to use to deny warranty claims.

I usually don't believe when i read stuff like that. If you were the company owner would you approve this lie to go out in public? may save a few buck in short term but will kill your business in long term haha

Originally Posted by Jason Drew
The correct part is the stub shaft from the 1.6L, which is an oem part. There are however non-oem stub shafts available, whick lack the oil groove.

Jacks isn't the only one who changed his mind on balance shafts, AMS, while a little different suggests using their "race" balance shaft on the oil pump.

Do you use balance shafts in your 6 bolt?

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4