Originally Posted by Stephan Tanchak

But as Lucian said, the evo timing map,

Are you kidding me, lol? Evo timing map on a stock 1g motor with a 14b. You can run 22-24 psi on a 1g timing map and it will bang off 12's all day on a 14b or 16g car with supporting mods. Buddy of mines here was running 12's on the 14b 15 years ago, and that was on a stock 1g dsm sidemount intercooler with stock upper and lower IC piping. We only ran AFC'c and VPC's back then with 1g timing maps, peaking at 24 degrees.

Not sure why you would suggest an evo timing map on a 14b car shuffle . Dialing in a puny little 14b turbo is child's play. Let's just say the map that comes with any ECMlink is good enough to toss in any 16g, 14b car and with minor adjustments you'll be flying. Just keep cranking the timing up till the car knocks a touch. There is no rocket science here. Maxing out a 14b or 16g turbo is easy. I would run no less than a stock 1g timing map until you see some knock. Running a little lean on these turbo's is acceptable since your flowing such a minute amount of air. Been there done that already.

Good time nonetheless, however I would say do it on a 1g sidemount intercooler, then it would be worth tooting your own horn 15 years after people already done it wink

1G DSM: 1000+ AWHP, 9.2@162.83 MPH
Evo X: 746 AWHP, XR9569S pump gas
www.dynotuneracing.com