Originally Posted by Jason Drew
Seen quite a few people hang the motor from a 4x4 over the strut towers. There's also a device sold for this

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-engine-support-bar-96524.html

For now though, it's still supported by the end mounts and the rear roll stop though.

Thank you sir. To save a few, I have a nice never used 4x4 laying around.

Progress continues. It's slow. I keep pondering an AC delete. Summers are getting hotter, and I am getting older. I also get distracted by a small rust spot, so I wire wheel it and rust check it. Anyway...

Tranny drained.

[Linked Image]

Rad Removed. Spilled coolant from lower rad hose. I always forget the lower rad hose.

[Linked Image]

Here is that welded rebar I keep talking about. Only thing holding up that center member.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Engine bay getting empty. (room to clean!)
[Linked Image]

So tomorrow, I need to pick up a 32mm socket. Time to tackle the removal of axles.

Question of the day.
Once I am done with tranny removal and fix of clutch / flywheel / tranny. I will NOT be able to put the center member back up. From what I see, it's only function is for the front engine mount and protect the tranny. Will I be ok to drive to the body shop without center member put back?

Last edited by Charles Lavoie; July 28, 2015 04:13 am UTC.

98,6Bolt,3"EXH,LINKV3,780cc,SD,SCM61@26PSI, 340LPH,AFPR,TSBOV,REARWB,FMIC,2"RAD(20/80/WW)