Much appreciated Salomon. I will let you know, but right now, these work. I would like to find the proper 2g. Larger rotors and 2 piston. If the wallet allows, I may look at some 4 piston setups. 500 hp is not far away.

So tonight was frustrating.. (doesn't help the weather just keeps getting hotter). And why can't people use Antiseize on every bolt under the car?!!! Would make life easier.

The bolts for the plate that connects under body to center member were a pain x 5. Too tough to do with regular socket. So I had to use breaker bar to remove completely. I then cut the rebar and removed the center member 1.5 hr.

On to Axle removal. I started on passenger side, trying to undo from the lower ball joint. &*@#$^ thing wouldn't separate. I tried undoing lower control arm from the back. There is no room to move a breaker bar. After 2 hours, I gave up. (I even removed the caliper to try and make room to pry)

I moved on to the driver side. This time, I removed the fork from LCA, then I went straight for the bolt at back of LCA. Luckily breaker bar cleared oil pan. Poof. Arm drops. Then i try to remove the carrier bearing. I want to beat the living &*@&*# out of the person who thought those bolt locations were a good idea. After a lot of fighting I remove the carrier bearing. Axle pops out! 1.5 hrs.

[Linked Image]

I go back to passenger side and stare at it for awhile. It's too late at night to start whacking away at it. I had been applying penetrating oil to it over the few hours in the garage.

This is the annoying LBJ.

[Linked Image]

Tomorrow I will try either:

#1: Thread the nut flush with top of bolt. Place tip of pry bar flat on top of the nut/bolt and baby sledge it.

#2. Concrete chisel placed in the nook between ball joint and fork to LCA joint. Baby sledge.

And remove the exhaust and transfer case.

Last edited by Charles Lavoie; July 29, 2015 03:58 am UTC.

98,6Bolt,3"EXH,LINKV3,780cc,SD,SCM61@26PSI, 340LPH,AFPR,TSBOV,REARWB,FMIC,2"RAD(20/80/WW)