'Nother day.. 'nother dollar. I'm guesstimating $150 a day since I started. >.< Tools, Paints, Cleaners, Parts. Ugh.

So I fixed the curling airbag cover.
(TIP! No need to remove the damned glovebox. Just remove the stopper tabs on each side. Swings out of the way.)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dirty Dirty Dash! >.<

Fitted the newly painted crossmember.

[Linked Image]

Wet sanded and polished the headlights. (left is after 30 mins 800,1600,plastic polish, right untouched)

[Linked Image]

I'm gonna keep going till I get most pits out then buy this: XPEL Headlight Protection

Friend of mine brought her steam cleaner and helped out.

Carpets have been steam cleaned, but looks like either bleach or some chemical was spilled on carpet behind drivers seat. Fibers started flying out and it was discolored towards white. Anyone here bought carpet from http://www.stockinteriors.com/. How good is it compared to stock?

She also helped steam clean the transmission case and another round of degreaser with a wire brush. it's coming along.

Cut off the rebar that was welded to cross member. Removed the bolts that normally attached to front lower rad support.

Painted crossmember rear bracket (for subframe), bracket for engine mount on tranny and battery support bracket.

There are MULTIPLE exhaust leaks >.> 1 I suspect head to manifold. There are two center lower bolts missing and 1 is a helicoil. Definately manifold to turbo. Black soot on the stainless oil feed line to turbo near it. and O2 to DP... broken bolt to deal with. (but only once engine is back to having 4 mounts)

Tomorrow, going to give the subframe a good coat of Armor Bed Coat (it's already been treated for rust).
Now I am thinking battery relocation. >.<

Unless Mitsu parts get here. Then I will just button this up and enjoy a ride out with the new clutch.

Last edited by Charles Lavoie; August 10, 2015 03:00 am UTC.

98,6Bolt,3"EXH,LINKV3,780cc,SD,SCM61@26PSI, 340LPH,AFPR,TSBOV,REARWB,FMIC,2"RAD(20/80/WW)