Little update.

I reverted to the tune that came with the car due to knock in 5th low throttle with engine load (in vaccuum). Still getting it (no more than 1 degree and intermittent).

I have been reading removed BS may be culprit or lifters. There is no knock anywhere else. Full boost (24psi) is awesome.

So I took a break from mechanical and continued the sub enclosure process. Shhh.. Only you guys (and the old ladies at the fabric store) know about the snowmen!! Cheap fleece in summer

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's been a challenge. Cleaning up corners/edges will be a pain. The large flat surface in front left is still moving a lot. It's gonna need quite a few layers of fiberglass to stiffen up.

So while I was waiting to buy more resin due to holiday, I went out the night before for a cruise. The power steering pump got really noisy after awhile (normally was just near stopped and first little turn). Anyway.. looks like the bottom tube may have cracked at the bottom of reservoir. (If anyone has a spare laying around for sale, let me know).

[Linked Image]

Not sure if that is repairable.

Last edited by Charles Lavoie; September 08, 2015 03:08 pm UTC.

98,6Bolt,3"EXH,LINKV3,780cc,SD,SCM61@26PSI, 340LPH,AFPR,TSBOV,REARWB,FMIC,2"RAD(20/80/WW)