So last night, something bad happened on my drive home. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I figure I would explain the symptoms here and let you guys diagnose it.

So I'm in my 1ga, and I launch her at the lights (foolish, I know). I revved up to about 4000 rpm and dropped the clutch. I don't move. Instead, engine just revs high. I thought maybe she popped out of 1st, because I have been having issues with the shifter cables (I have a '90 setup, with '93 cables, so it is not perfectly aligned). So I let off, and try to put it back into first. It's in gear, I rev up, and it seems like gears are spinning, but the car is only inching forward. I put it in 2nd, and same thing, gears spinning, engine revving, but only moving faster very slowly. It feels like something is slipping, and it takes a while for it to grip until the car builds up some forward momentum. It doesn't seem to matter what gear I am in, if I push hard, the engine will rev, it will slip, and the car will not move forward as it should.

I was, however, still able to drive it home. Only issue was that anytime I came to a complete stop, it would take a long time to build up some momentum.

Another 'glitch' that I noticed while I was driving home, was that the speedometer would give me inaccurate readings of velocity. It seems to be in sync with whatever was slipping. It would say I'm going 160 km/h, when really I know I am only going 60 km/h. I feel like whatever the speedometer depends on to measure velocity, that could be the key to figuring out what is broken.

Anywho, feel free to give me your thoughts.

thanks,

1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
2021 MB C43 AMG(daily driver)