Just want to wake this up from the deep sleep.
I pulled the trigger and purchased HTA68 turbo from FP. With recent price drop from 949 to 549 i could not resist anymore. Since this turbo is born from EVO 3 16G (which cost double) it raise the question of how exactly FP is able to make profit of HTA68?

However, i exchanged few emails with FP regading exactly what is different compared to EVO 3 16g. Here is the copy of my answered questions. Hopefully this will help someone.

AlexAk: Is the internally gated turbo uses exactly same wastegate as EVO 3 16g
FP: The wastegate used on the DSM 68HTA is an 18psi actuator and it should hold well up to about 26-28psi of boost

AlexAk: what is the 84 mm flow advancement port? Does it use same TD05h housing or different housing.
FP: The 84mm FAP cover is the same cover used on the GREEN/RED and BLACK turbos. Shown here:
[Linked Image]
TD05h shown here:
[Linked Image]

FP: It is a better flowing cover, but definitely not stock appearing. If you do not plan to try and make more than about 425-450whp, the stock style 16g cover will get you to a 400whp mark pretty easily.

AlexAK: is the hot side on 68HTA identical to EVO 3 16g ?
FP: Not identical, but similar. Our turbine housing has a slight bit larger A/R and is an 8cm vs the 7cm of an Evo 3 16g.

AlexAK: is evo 3 16g useful as a core to you?
FP: Sorry, but no the turbo is of no use to us.

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1999 Eclipse GST Automagic
1991 3000GT VR-4