I've got a LOT of trimming to get these to fit the TLs and then to get it all to fit into my headlight.
[Linked Image]

I've always liked having fog lights on my car especially were I live since we get so much fog. Since I've got a front mount intercooler that uses the factory fog mount holes to bolt up I had to think of something else.
Some time in the last year I picked up a set of BMW X5 LED fogs.
[Linked Image]

I held them up to the car many many times and tried to imagine how to mount them where I wanted them.
I knew I wanted them in the outside vents on the bumper but due to their size this could prove odd.

TRS released a bunch of new model XB LED fog lights and had a group buy earlier this year. I picked up a set of the wife's JK since they had a bolt in option and also a set for my Fiesta (which didn't even have a fog light option).
However, after numerous warranty repairs, I've now deemed the Fiesta unmoddable! It's just a grocery getter until I trade it in and it doesn't need any extras that I won't recoupe. Plus I never drive the thing at night because I'm never home. As a result the XB LED Fog lights are now going on the Talon.
[Linked Image]

I determined that the ends of the fiberglass bumper/crash beam would put the fog lights exactly were I want them. A bit of aluminum flat stock, some drilling, cutting and grinding later I had them mounted.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

One issue, they point to the sides and not straight ahead! But wait! This is why I LOVE thin flat stock aluminum! A pair of vise grips, a lil flick of da wrist and BAM!!!! They're point straight.
[Linked Image]

Since I'm only using 2 mounting points on either side the opposite unused ones had to go. Bit of dremel action and you can't even tell they were there.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I did more work on the headlights and sort of had them all fitting together and painted. I had to do a test fit to make sure the solenoid cleared on the car. You can see where the fog lights fit.
[Linked Image]

What happened to the X5 LED fogs you ask, well....I hate visiting HIDPlanet sometimes.
[Linked Image]

I'm thinking DRL/secondary fog.

I'm home for my final block of school for my apprenticeship now so this project and some others will be getting some attention and getting closed off finally!

96 Talon TSI AWD - The Gold Digger/Never Ending Build